Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Step Card with Graphic 45's Midnight Masquerade Collection



 I love step cards, I just think they look so pretty standing up the way they do!   I made this one for Graphic 45's display at Creativation and I kept it kind of simple as I had a lot of projects I wanted to do for Creativation.  I just used a cut-apart from Midnight Masquerade in the center and then added some strips from design paper.


 Inside the card, I added a journaling cut-apart and again, used strips from design paper on either side of the cut-apart.

Here's a view from the side where you can really see the "step".   Wouldn't this be pretty displayed somewhere?


I used a lacy Cheery Lynn diecut behind the cut apart.  It adds a festive look to the card especially with the fussy cut mask and flower in the front of it.

 Sometimes, simple is good and it can be a bold statement.  Don't be afraid to use an image like a cut-apart  as the focal point of your card.  Embellish the cut-apart with a flower or trim and it will look great.  I am guilty of over thinking my projects, and I have a tendency to keep piling on the "stuff", then I say to myself, "Maggi, simple is good, leave it alone!"


Graphic 45 Supplies:         
Graphic 45 Midnight Masquerade Collection 12 x 12:
Midnight Masquerade
Savor the Magic
Irresistable Intrique

Other Supplies:
Cardstock Core'dinations Bon Voyage
Petaloo Botanica Blooms - Lavender 
Petaloo Hydrangeas - lavender
Italian Flourish Doily Die - DL103

Thank you so much for visiting me today!  Stop byt the Graphic 45 blog everyday to see fabulous projects and ideas from our design team.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...